Monday, July 14, 2008

Day One - Week One

Today is Monday, the first day of my Diet and My Diet Blog. After all the years of dieting, I should be an expert at losing weight- but I am not. I have tried many diet programs over the years and I believe that if I have the will power and stick to any of the plans, the weight loss will come. That being said, how come I am here again, back at the starting point of my dieting journey? The key is will power and sticking to it for the long run. Lack of focus is a diet buster. I am hoping that my Blog will help me maintain my focus and stay honest. It can’t hurt – right.

I weighed myself this morning, the first time in over a month. I was not surprised at the number. I have set an initial weight loss goal of 20 lbs. I have a bit more than that to lose – one step at a time.

Mostly, I did the right things today. I logged into WeightWatchers online (also for the first time in months) and entered everything I ate. I did not drink the volume of water that they recommend – I have a hard time with that. I will try to drink more tomorrow. (Water that is). I made healthy food choices today – fish, rice, veggies and fruit. I did have a light beer when I came home from work– it’s only 2 points–can that count towards my water?

So – pretty good for day one, I am encouraged. Wish me good luck – I need it. I really want (need) this to work.

1 comment:

mustlovedogs said...

Good Luck Donna with your journey.
Success comes one day at a time.
Rooting for you.