Thursday, July 17, 2008

Food for Thought - Day Three

I started this blog 3 days ago - and I realize now that I have become obsessed by it. I wish I was as obsessed with my diet. I had planned to go to the gym on Wednesday - but instead I spent the evening researching online at my desk.
I ate way too much again on day three and I went over my points balance by 10. I am tracking points diligently (even though I go over). I think that this is prudent - at least when I fail to lose a single pound I will completely understand why.
I am in my 40's now and losing weight have become almost impossible. It was never easy - but if I focused and dieted 3 or 4 days of the week I would be able to lose one or two pounds in that week. I think my metabolism has hit rock bottom.
Regular exercise will probably be the key to my success. The problem is that my extra weight has put pressure on my joints (hip, knees and ankles). In the summer heat - a simple walk can be painful and somewhat dangerous. How do I overcome this? If I can't exercise, I won't be able to lose the weight? I will walk home from work tonight. I guess that is a start.
I have read other diet blogs and many have said that this blogging helps to improve dieting success. Is this true? Time to get off my butt.

1 comment:

mustlovedogs said...

How about... if after you do the walk ....you treat yourself to a nice, cool ice tea!